Finished the skirt today. My shortest project as I only started the pattern for this on Sunday.
The pattern is listed under patterns.
I went for a slit at the rear, rather than a kick pleat, but i’ll probably produce a pattern variant for a kick pleat as this can look nice too.
The blouse finally completed. See how-to.
This is loosely styled on something I saw in a window in town. The pattern was created from scratch (from observation of existing garments and a reference book – Shirtmaking: Developing Skills for Fine Sewing). I’ll make the pattern available for download.
The frills on the front are added as a final step, so the same pattern can be used for a non-frills blouse too.
Initially I made this using silver poppers, but this didn’t pass muster with the wife. So I have developed a technique for covering poppers in latex to match the garment. I’ll post a page on this under Techniques.