I’ve updated the How to: Contrast trim page with some pictures I took from this quick 1930s male swimsuit project.
I had some offcuts of red and blue that I’d picked up from Radical Rubber’s offcuts bin (unfortunately they’ve stopped selling their offcuts since moving to Islington) and thought this would be a fun little project.
Mr Doo recently had an opportunity to take some photos of the results from the superman catsuit project.
The first instalment of the superman catsuit how-to is now available.
The hard bit was designing the pattern for the folding that allows the full width of the cape to flow from the shoulders.
Pictures of the full suit coming soon!
I’ve tidied up the stewardess outfit pages and the links to the patterns. All the patterns are now available in both PDF and the original iDraw (now actually called Autodesk Graphic) files.
I’ve included some information on the matching bag for the stewardess outfit. This was done on a home laser cutter and i’ll be posting more information on this technique soon.
Also coming soon is the walk through for my superman outfit!
Recently I had an opportunity to take some more pictures (of Mrs Doo) in the stewardess outfit…
You can see in these pictures the matching bag that is also made from latex.
The page on how to install zips has finally been completed. https://mrdooslatexprimer.wordpress.com/how-to-insert-zips/
The dress is finished and has worked rather well. I hope to tidy up and publish the pattern shortly.
I found this photo of a page from a book on Pinterest. The book is Método Teórico-Práctico de Corte y Confección del Vestido, by F. Marti de Gili. This is sadly not in print any longer and copies are hard to come by.
As you can see, the illustration includes the shapes of the main pattern pieces.
The pattern is actually quite simple, comprised basically of just two pieces. It is figure hugging only from below the waist to the start of the hips and so there are no tight curves.
As this project will take a lot of latex, and as the pattern is quite different from my previous projects, I decided to make a small scale mockup. I bought a doll from Wilkos (£3) and scaled the pattern to fit her. Despite using 0.2mm latex, it doesn’t drape the like the full scale one will. Also, the doll has a very mechanical waist and so it doesn’t site quite right either.
Producing a scale version allowed me to work out the best order of construction and where to glue.
I’ve added a pattern and some details on the construction of this Christmassy dress.
The fluff trim is easily removed for washing.
Dress pattern and further details…